Friday, January 7, 2011

Mein erster Tag in Berlin

view from the balcony
          Hallo y'all!  So after a long trip with lots of anxiety and an extra 6 hours in London; I have made it to Berlin.  It is so amazing here; huge boulevards, a language I have only begun to learn, a great view, and yes you guessed it... beer.  Being a 20-something American male I obviously have priorities.  At the top was finding some lager, the main reason I have come to Germany.  Since I am so sentimental, the first 6-pack I bought here is made in Berlin.  The Berliner Pilsner is a clean, crisp, standard pilsner with a light body balanced well with slight hop bitterness.  I have enjoyed a couple of them leisurely, as I haven't started classes yet and I have some time on my hands.  I am starting to settle into my new home and trying to get to know my wonderful roommates, who are extremely nice and helping me with my understanding of German.  There is so much more to explore and beer to drink.  Thanks for stopping by my blog, I will keep it updated with all things Berlin and beer.  Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to follow your adventures! Have an amazing time Wibby!! :)

    ReplyDelete